Starbucks is a great place to go for coffee, but sometimes it’s hard to know what you want when you walk in the door. Do they have decaf iced coffee?
Yes, they do! In this article, we’ll explore the different decaf iced coffee options that Starbucks offers. So whether you’re looking for something sweet or something with a little more caffeine, we’ve got you covered.
Going to a coffee shop with the intention of ordering decaf is not many people’s first choice. Especially Starbucks, asking for a decaf coffee may get you some funny looks. Plus, ordering decaf coffee is one thing, but what about iced coffee?
We are here to answer the question, “does Starbucks have decaf iced coffee?” Let’s check it out.
Yes, Starbucks has Decaf Iced Coffee Options
There are many different options you can get for decaf iced coffee at Starbucks. In fact, you can get most of their menu in decaf.
Here are the different decaf iced coffee options:
- If you’re looking for a decaf coffee option at Starbucks, they have multiple choices.
- You can order any of their iced espresso drinks with decaf espresso
- Baristas can also make a traditional cold brewed decaf coffee for you
- There are also Decaf Iced Americanos available which are pretty quick to make
- You can find decaf espresso beans available at most Starbucks locations however not every licensed Starbucks (Target, grocery stores, bookstores, etc.) will have decaf options available.
Can I Get Anything on the Starbucks Iced Coffee Menu in Decaf?
No, there are limitations to what you are able to order. Here are a few things that you will not be able to order in decaf:
- Cold brew
- Nitro cold brew
- Brewed Iced Coffee
These options do not have decaf versions currently available. So, if you’re looking for a cold brew or iced coffee without caffeine, you’ll need to find another option.
What’s the Best Decaf Iced Coffee Option at Starbucks?
- The iced Americano is a great choice if you’re looking for something quick.
- If you want something a little sweeter, try an iced caramel macchiato with decaf espresso.
- And if you’re looking for something cold and refreshing, try a decaf iced tea lemonade.
Decaf Iced Americano
Starbucks Iced Americano is a great choice if you’re looking for something quick. It’s a coffee with added water and ice, making it perfect for on-the-go people. You can order it with or without milk, depending on your preference.
Decaf Iced Caramel Macchiato
Starbucks offers a variety of iced coffee drinks, but one of the more popular choices is the iced caramel macchiato. This drink can be with decaf espresso, but remember that decaf still has a small amount of caffeine. The drink is made with milk, ice, and espresso and is then topped with caramel sauce. It’s a delicious and refreshing choice for any time of day.
Decaf Iced Team Lemonade
If you’re looking for a refreshing decaf drink to order at Starbucks, try their Iced Tea Lemonade. It’s made with brewed black tea, lemonade, and ice. You can order it sweetened or unsweetened, depending on your preference. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for something cold and refreshing.
Is There Still Caffeine in Decaf Coffee?
A single shot of Starbucks blonde roast has about 85 mg of caffeine while dark has 75 mg. And, according to this lab study, Starbucks decaf ranges from 3-15 mg per shot.
Decaf coffee is just regular coffee that has had its caffeine extracted. Since it is not possible to extract 100% of the caffeine from natural coffee beans, your decaf iced coffee from Starbucks will have trace amounts of caffeine.
A regular Starbucks blonde roast contains 85mg of caffeine, which is fairly standard for a cup of coffee. Decaf coffee from Starbucks will range from 5-15mg of caffeine.